Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Spring is springing... yay, yay, yay!

The idea for this card I got from Ted who had really great tutorials on his blog quite often. He layered vellum over patterned paper, and I had to try it, because some of this June Bug Paper is so bold, yet I really love it. See the difference??? Hopefully, since I typed over the unaltered paper! I used this card to go with the photo inspiration challenge at the Order of the Opus Gluei this week!
This card is for blinged out leprechaun at Stamp it Crazy. I found this angry little Irishman and couldn't help but use him for a group of fun little 4x4 cards!

8 comments:

  1. Kristen, I love that card... the soft flowers are so wonderful with the silhouettes of the butterflies! :) Very nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the use of the vellum lovely cards.

    Thank you for your wonderful comment on my blog it was lovely to see you.

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for stopping by The Open Window and leaving such kind comments...nice to have you!

    Hope you will come by often and I heartily invite you to play with us over at The Play Date Cafe Challenge : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! So Spring-filled and fun!! I love it!! Love the colors and everything about your creations hun!! TFS! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the card, you're right that using the vellum like this softens the look of a brightly colored paper. Just beautiful.

    Your leprechauns made me giggle, he does appear PO'ed doesn't he? I suppose someone stole his Lucky Charms! Great use of the Lime Rickey paper too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As always, Kristen, your work is terrific!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I truly appreciate the feedback!