Friday, April 9, 2010

Caffeine for the brain... I need that.

I am reading/working out of a book called "Caffeine for the Creative Mind". It was written by Stefan Mamaw and Wendy Lee Oldfield.
There are 250 exercises to wake up your brain. The one that follows is to write HAIKUS (5 syllables, 7 syllables, 5 syllables) out of the following prescribed topics: Typical Day, Your Boss, Grape Jelly, Country Music, The Eraser, Garbage, Cheese. If you want to play along, send me a link to your blog so I can come read what you wrote!

Typical Day

I make lots of cards
I send them EVERYWHERE
People then get happy.

Grape Jelly

Orioles and Finch
So love to eat this jelly
In the Summertime

Cheese

Cheddar, Colby, Swiss
Mozarella are so good
All the kinds of cheese

Garbage

It can really stink
If you don't take it outside
Don't be so lazy

Eraser

I mad a mistake
Now there's a hole where it was
Why'd I rub so hard?

Boss

My boss can be TOUGH
That's because my boss is me
What is my problem?

Country Music

I am not a fan
of twang and whiney crying
Could you turn it off?

Have a most excellent day, my friend. I hope you have gotten some inspiration out of this. Have a wonderful weekend. (And wish my mom a happy birthday today).

5 comments:

  1. I had to come over for a Kristen fix and I love this entry - you are delightful and so full of life it just exudes from your blog entries!

    Hugs from Maryland!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great. I am not so sure I can write poetry. Let me think on it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and happy late birthday to your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I DID IT!!!
    I don't know how to do the fancy short-cut link. So here is the long link:
    http://icantwanna.blogspot.com/2010/04/haiku.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry I missed this post, not sure how I did, I am here daily. You're pretty good at writing Haiku's. Thanks for sharing. ~Diane

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I truly appreciate the feedback!