Sunday, April 11, 2010

It turned into a beautiful day!!!I

Deep in prayer
Stampin' Sisters in Christ have a prayer or peace project challenge.
I used Basic Grey Granola on ALL my cards today.

The scripture they witnessed today at Stampin' Sisters is:

Philippians 4:4-7 "Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."



Shake your tail feather over at the Order of the Opus Gluei
Their challenge this week is For the Birds...
The 3 birds on the wire here are from Quickutz.

This card was made using a sketch at His Holy Name... Our Daily Bread challenge #9
has the theme of texture this week. I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder for my texture and all the layers are pretty textural as well (I think).
BE
52 Card Pickup has a BE theme this week...
The writings on this blog are very inspirational and worth a look at, I encourage you to go take a peek.
And in going with the challenge's story on this blog... I want to be a designer, so I am going back to school to do just that. My niece and I will start college at the same time, her for the first time, and me... for the 2nd. How exciting for us both.

A sketch inspired this card as well.
Crafts for Eternity has this card sketch and a few additions. Use a tag (the Lisa's Altered Art image is hanging out on a tag)... and some foil. That doily is nice, shiny silver foil.
The sentiments on vellum throughout all of the cards today are from Creative Memories, and the text paper on this card is also from them.
And... at Tellen's Place this week the challenge is to make a project "ALL ABOUT ME"... I think this sentiment explains that. And I love to make cards, which today, I definitely did. And this gorgeous Tellen's image has one of my favorite pastimes... drinking coffee (and even better, drinking it with a friend).

Have a blessed week everyone!

26 comments:

  1. Your cards are ALL amazing. I love the brown/blue theme you have going right now. Your bird card is perfect for Opus Gluei. Thank you so much for playing with us. I just love your creations. You are very imaginative and it translates so well into your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you've really been busy! I especially love the birds on the wire, but they're all lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Tellen's image that used and the texture that you put behind it. Thanks for joining us at Tellen's Place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You must have been stuck to your chair... so many things accomplished in one day!! Go girl. One or two of these would be perfect for a dear friend of mine, wish I had some of the sentiments you used (but I guess I could transcribe them. Thanks for the inspiration)... and I really like the birds on the wire.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these cards, of course I'm partial to your Opus Gluei submittal but I really do enjoy the others as well. I like the power of the Scriptures you're using, very inspiring and uplifting and we all need that in the good times and the trying times.

    I don't have the BG Granola line but you're making me consider it now! (enabler, mutter mutter mutter, lol)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow amazing cards- you have been busy! College too- wow!!! I am in awe...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kristen - you are on a roll with all of these wonderful cards!! They are all amazing in their own way Love the one for SSCC - your DP is gorgeous and the embellishments perefct!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge this week, we love to see your cards and would love to see you again next week! {{{hugs}}]
    Linda SSCC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Kristen, you have been busy! :) Love all of your creations! Wonderful color choices. And thanks for playing with us at ODBD. You will want to post your link in this post here:

    http://ourdailybreaddesignsblog.blogspot.com/2010/04/shining-light-odbdslc9-challenge-sketch.html

    So that you are entered in the prize drawings! I wouldn't want you to miss out. :) Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kristen! Thanks for joining the challenge, and I love all of your cards! It's fun to see so many different designs using the same color scheme, and even some of the same elements - wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did a great job on all of these Kristen! I like the colors you used, and also my favorite image from Tellens Place too! Thanks for sharing. ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your cards you have been busy. Thanks for playing with us at Tellens Place
    Luv Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. All of your cards are amazing! The one with Tellen's Place image has a wonderful sentiment. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Tellen's Place!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So many beautiful cards Kristen! I love the messages on them!!! XOXO, Julie. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Kristen, you really did such a great job on all your cards and I especially loved the messages. You really put together a beautiful collection! Thanks for playing along with us at Tellen's Place! :~)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Kristen
    what nice card , I'm lovin the colors that you used.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, Kristen, you've been a busy bee...these all look wonderful! I really appreciate the amazing scriptures you used on your cards. So glad I stopped by today.

    Smiles!
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Kristen.... you have so many strings to your bow my friend... everything you do is so special...i love all of these cards.Thanks for the kind comments you have left me recently... i am truely humbled!
    Thanks for playing with us at TELLENS PLACE this week.
    love lynx

    ReplyDelete
  18. How many gorgeous projects can you cram into one post?! I love your take on the sketch at C4E, thanks for playing along. x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! All of your cards are awesome!! Thanks for playing with us at Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenges! Have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Tptally gorgeous arty cards Kristen, just love your take on our challenge, that little angel baby is the cutest and love your silver doily. Thanks for playing along at C4E this week.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOWIE! LOts of cards this week!! :) Love them all and love that they all have a faith theme to them. Thank you for joining in our challenge at Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenges!! *Ü*

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful cards. Thanks for playing with us at SSCC

    ReplyDelete
  23. beautiful cards Kristen thanks for joining us at c4e this week hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. You did a great job on our recipe challenge.
    It's beautiful.
    Thanks for joining us at C4E this week.
    Adrina XX

    ReplyDelete
  25. A lovely card thanks for playing with us at Corrosive Challenges

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I truly appreciate the feedback!