Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Tank you so much!!!

Tank you is another of the new KWED images. One inspired by Operation Write Home! I just found a challenge for this cause! I am so excited to be sending cards to their cause this month through Compassionate Cards!
I used the colors BG11, BG02, and R20 to color the image and do some of the shading around the layers. I chose these colors for the Copic Color Challenge. I just went and got 3 new marker tonight, AND found out my local craft store will REFILL the Copic Markers for $1.00!!! What a deal! The store is Craft Fancy in Arlington Heights, if you are in the area! They also have an online store now!!!
I also am using this card for the ABC challenge of T is for Thank you! I hope they like puns!
Nuts about you! This card uses some new paper I got it is 6x12 inch wood veneer and it is paper backed so you can paper craft with it! It is from Creative Imaginations, and made in the USA. This is the Cherry veneer, and there were other woods to choose from.
The paper is COVERED with Butterflies and Dragonflies for Tellen's Place Challenge this week.
I also used pink and green for Little Red Wagon. The paper is raspberry and bordering to the purple side, but the letters and the accents are definitely pink! The paper is also GREEN AT HEART by Basic Grey! so... I hope I didn't reach too far for this one. I'm in it for the fun!

20 comments:

  1. Wow wood veener! I haven't seen that type of paper before. Looks like a real trunk tree. Love both cards! Thanks for playing with us at Tellen's Place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristen, that tank image is too cute! Love it. And that wood veneer is pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the tank and it's such a cute pun! The wood veneer is awesome, I love the flowers too. Thanks for sharing. ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable Kristen...I can't wait to play with that tank!!!

    ~Courtney~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card--excellent colors and designs! Love your butterflies and dragonflies too! I just got in some wood paper from Stampin Up which is also paper-backed. I think I'll have to lift the tree trunk idea from you! Thanks for the inspiration and for playing along at Tellen's Place!
    Hugs, RobinJ

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love lavendars/purples with bright green. Your card is so cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute, thanks for playing along at Little Red Wagon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute tank, love the sentiment too! Thanks For joining us this week at The Copic Color Challenge!!

    Hugs,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  10. That Tank You is so darn cute!!! That is such a perfect saying. I also love the one if you don't stand behind the troops why don't you stand in front of them. Wow! that is powerful! I love cards you made, fantastic!!! XOXO, Julie. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. These cards are awesome I love the tankyou card! Beth

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kristen, Oh how cute is this card with that squirrel! *big smile* I love it! I received a piece of this veneer paper in a swap and you just gave me a great way to use it - I love the butterflies fluttering about - a really beautiful day in the forest! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Tellen's Place! We're so happy to have you with us! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. very cute cards....I just love the tank!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tanks for sharing. :D Those are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really cute card with the squirrel. Love the dragonflies. Thanks for joining us at Tellen's Place.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A Lovely card thanks for playing at Tellens Place.
    Luv Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card. Thank you for joining in the ABC Challenge this time.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great card. Thank you for joining in the ABC Challenge this time.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ohhhh Kristen i like the wood....lots!
    thank for playing along at TELLENS PLACE this week.
    xxxlynx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just playing a bit of catch up blog commenting...but where's my cooment gone..I know I left one 'cos of the awful pun I wrote! LOL

    Great work, love the little tank image- tank you for playing along with the Copic Colour Challenge.
    XXX

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I truly appreciate the feedback!