Sunday, August 14, 2011

Birthday Invites and photo editing.

 My dad's 80th birthday is September 6th.  I am planning a very small party.  Here are the invites.  I used some blue paper and printed the words from the computer.  The embellishments on each card are different, because I used up some camping stickers that I had in my stash.

The theme at the Order of the Opus Gluei this week is fish/down by the sea related.  You should check it out and come play along with us!!!


Here is the photo on the card after I retouched it a little with the levels and channels in Photoshop CS5.  I also took the other fisherman out by copying and cloning the water to remove him!  I don't know who that was even.

And here is the photo before retouching.  My dad out on Lake Michigan doing some fishing!

3 comments:

  1. You did great with improving that photo, they are great invitations, hope your party goes well and Happy Birthday to your Dad :-)
    Gini
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this invite. It's a wonderful personalized tribute to your dad. He's a lucky guy. Great job re-touching the photo to remove the mystery man. Tell your daddy the OG ladies send a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY wish to him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dad is going to love this and you can even use it as a part of a layout of the event, if you are into that! I think it was a good idea to keep the focus on your dad and take mystery man out of the photo!

    Eighty years on this earth is quite an accomplishment and I'm with the other girls saying HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I truly appreciate the feedback!