Tuesday, January 3, 2012

In Progress

I am making a rug out of fleece. My bathroom is orange on white. I thought this would be a fun craft. Just use the rug base shown... I also use this for locker hooking... and it is the same product used for latch hooks. The piece I bought for $15.00 (less if you have a coupon) will make 4 rugs. I am using super discounted fleece. This rug will be about 2x3 feet and will cost about $10.00 when it is finished. All you need to do is tie 5-6 inch lengths that are cut about 3/4" wide. Just one knot is all that is needed. I am folding over the edge as I go and knotting around the fold so there aren't any loose ends. It feels good, and you can do it every row for a super full rug, or ever other row for a less full rug. It is easy and it is something kids could do with you. This is a good TV time project. I will show it again when it is finished!

Have a great day and God bless!

And God said, "Let there be light." Genesis 1:3

8 comments:

  1. I have many happy memories of cutting up old clothes with my Mam to make new floor rugs, every winter. We would throw out the old ones, then make new ones for in front of the coal fire in the living room; in front of the sink in the kitchen; at the side of each bed.....we would use old hessian sacks for the backings....and the results would be bright and warm.....happy days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun project. Saw it on FB and was glad to see it here also. BTW, your new banner/header is nice, also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is going to be gorgeous...I also have an orange bathroom (but with blue and yellow too)...might just have to borrow that idea cuz a rug like that in front of the sink would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea; thrifty and useful as well as a gorgeous color! I love that color and what a nice bright spot in the winter.

    Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also love the fresh graphic look of your blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet that would work great with cut up t-shirts too.

    Love that you're making this. It brings back so many good memories from my childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is going to feel so good on your tootsies. Love your color choice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. how cool is this!
    we're redoing our bath & tiling the floor, I knew I needed some small rugs, but never thought to make my own! hmmm, now I'm thinking I should make some of these!!!
    Thanks for the inspiration!!!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I truly appreciate the feedback!