Thursday, December 31, 2015

Getting into Mail Art


I am on a Mail Art adventure. I started in August and have quite the pile of very exciting and entertaining mail. What I like most about it, is that I get a reply and wonderful complements to my work, plus I get a piece of someone's art back. Right now, being new, I get about 40-50 pieces a month.

I get everything from poems, little books people make, cards, and just wonderful letters.

It is such a fun hobby. I joined a group called ACE. The Art Cover Exchange. I have a lot to learn about mail art, but everyone is very kind and not judgmental. Some people may find offense that my stamp doesn't go with the color palette of my cover, or isn't relevant. Those people may just not enjoy life....period. Some collectors are stuck on personal sized envelopes, and will toss anything outside the size, unless of course it is very well executed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I truly appreciate the feedback!